We’ve been gone for a while but now we are back to possibly help you out in a time of uncertainty. We are currently deep into quarantine and it looks as if we are in store for at least another month, possibly more – and as many people at this point may be getting to the end of their Netflix playlist, or unsure what to download next on Kindle – we are here to give you a few recommendations that will help you pass the time while in isolation. So in this episode David and Paul give to you their recommendations for a fiction book, a non-fiction book, something to listen to, something to binge, and finally a movie to enjoy.
- Fiction: Butterflies in November by Auður Ava Ólafsdóttir & In the House Upon the Dirt Between the Lake and the Woods by Matt Bell
- Non-Fiction: Slow Arrow: Unearthing the Frail Children by Kathryn Winograd & Say Nothing: A True Story of Murder and Memory in Northern Ireland by Patrick Radden Keefe
- Listen: Patrick Stewart (sirpatstew) reading Shakespeare’s sonnets (all of them) on Instagram
- Binge: What We Do in the Shadows
- Movie: Jojo Rabbit
- Fiction: Different Seasons by Stephen King
- Non-Fiction: Medieval Bodies by Jack Hartnell
- Listen: The Mythgard Academy podcasts
- Binge: Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Movie: The Lighthouse
Honorable mentions: Fleabag, Barry, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Derry Girls, and anything by Bong Joon-ho or Taika Waititi.
We hope you enjoy these picks and please stay healthy, be well, and we’ll get through this together.